All antifoaming agents added to foam made of an aqueous solution contain, or form after addition, hydrophobic particles, generally, This is a chemical additive that reduces and hinders the formation of foam in an industrial process by altering the surface tension of a solution. This additive is used to prevent the formation of foam. It is also added to break the foam that has already been formed. This is also called a Defoamer.
Product Features: (Advantages) :-
- Non – flammable , Non – toxic
- Economical in use.
- easy-to-use emulsion form.
- Preservative to against microbial growth.
Method of Using AFRO – Defoamer :
- disperses easily in both hot and cold aqueous systems,
- mild agitation to disperse it completely in the foaming system.
- The quantity of defoamer depending upon application required.
- general between 400 and 1000ppm of the product is all that is required (1000ppm = 1.0 liters of product per 1000 liters of foaming media).
- is effective in very low concentrations. One to 10 parts of active silicone per million parts foamer are sufficient to control foaming in many systems.
Adding the Antifoam of AFRO – Defoamer:
To produce optimal foam control, the defoamer completely dispersed in the foaming medium.
Follow these steps to achieve complete dispersion:
- Agitate product prior to use.
- Predilute with 3 to 10 parts of cool water to aid in dispersion.
- Add the defoamer to the water with slow mixing.
- Prediluted material should be used immediately within twelve hours of dilution.